Agile Project Management with Scrum
The Sweet Truth Confessions as well as Strategies from the Vending Insider.pdf
Project-Management with Gantt-Charts OpenOffice.org 2.0 Calc
Lessons from the trenches: Disconfirming Evidence
The Rational Unified Process® (RUP)
The Ethics of Genetic Engineering - A Position Paper from the Center for Inquiry Office of Public Policy
9 Marketing Lessons From The Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Campaign
Anatomy Lessons from the Great Masters by Robert Beverly Hale
Kovair at 7th International Project Management Leadership Conference 2012
Effective Project Management
· Master win–win techniques for managing outsourced and offshore projects, from procurement and risk mitigation to maintenance
· Use RUP to implement best-practice project management throughout the software development lifecycle
· Overcome key management challenges, from changing requirements to managing user expectations
The Hands-On, Start-to-Finish Guide to Managing Software Projects with the IBM® Rational Unified Process®
This is the definitive guide to managing software development projects with the IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP®). Drawing on his extensive experience managing projects with the RUP, R. Dennis Gibbs covers the entire development lifecycle, from planning and requirements to post-mortems and system maintenance. Gibbs offers especially valuable insights into using the RUP to manage outsourced projects and any project relying on distributed development teams—outsourced, insourced, or both.
This “from the trenches” guidebook is invaluable for anyone interested in best practices for managing software development: project managers, team leaders, procurement and contracting specialists, quality assurance and software process professionals, consultants, and developers. If you’re already using the RUP, Gibbs will help you more effectively use it. Whatever your role or the RUP experience, you’ll learn ways to
· Simplify and streamline the management of any large-scale or outsourced project
· Overcome the challenges of using the RUP in software project management
· Optimize software procurement and supplier relationships, from Request for Proposals (RFPs) and contracts to delivery
· Staff high-performance project teams and project management offices
· Establish productive, consistent development environments
· Run effective project kickoffs
· Systematically identify and mitigate project risks
· Manage the technical and business challenges of changing requirements
· Organize iterations and testing in incremental development processes
· Transition new systems into service: from managing expectations to migrating data
· Plan system maintenance and implement effective change control
· Learn all you can from project post-mortems—and put those lessons into practice
Use coupon below to get discount at eCampus.com!
$3 off textbook orders over $75
$4 off textbook orders over $90
$5 off textbook orders over $100
Copy the coupon code before clicking the button!
|Amazon US||Paperback||$1.56 - $49.99|
"I wrote that the first edition of this book "communicates much of the experience, wisdom, and insight that was acquired along the way to discovering what SCM best practices are and how to ...
The primary purpose of this book is to help you pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Because the book has a laser-sharp focus on ...
The landmark project management reference, now in a new edition. Now in a Tenth Edition, this industry-leading project management "bible" aligns its streamlined approach to the latest ...
Project management is the key to any engineering and construction project's success. Now you can learn from the experts real-world tested strategies you can use to lead your projects to on-time, ...
Explains the features of the project management software, covering such topics as managing cases, setting up users and groups, tracking estimates, using email, and working with source code control.
The rules and practices for Scruma simple process for managing complex projectsare few, straightforward, and easy to learn. But Scrums simplicity itselfits lack of prescriptioncan be disarming, and ...
The rules and practices for Scrum—a simple process for managing complex projects—are few, straightforward, and easy to learn. But Scrum’s simplicity itself—its lack of ...
The fourth edition of SUCCESSFUL PROJECT MANAGEMENT covers everything you need to know about working successfully in a project environment, including how to organize and manage effective project ...
This book provides consultants, project leads who use SAP PS, members of SAP PS implementation projects, and key users with highly detailed information on the functions and configuration options of ...
The challenge of managing projects is to combine the technology of the future with lessons from the past. In the Third Edition of Project Management for the 21st Century, noted ...