Speed Training for Martial Arts and MMA: How to Maximize Your Hand Speed, Boxing Speed, Kick Speed and Power, Punching Speed and Power, plus Wrestling Speed and Power for Combat and Self-Defense
Access the Key to Becoming a Superior Fighter!
What essential quality do all champion fighters possess? Simple. They possess the attribute responsible for making all combat training applicable--speed.
Regardless of your combat style or method...you cannot apply it unless you can react quickly and respond instantly. Razor-sharp speed and reflexes are often the sole difference between winning and losing a physical confrontation.
Based on proven concepts of martial arts masters, such as Bruce Lee, this bestselling guide provides advanced training methods to maximize speed and power for combat and self-defense.
Learn The 7 Keys to Superior Fighting Speed...
The absolute best vehicle for accessing the seven keys to combat speed is the Speed Loop(TM) training system. The Speed Loop training system is designed to isolate, transform, maximize, and integrate the seven attributes of fighting speed, including:
1. Visual Reflexes: Exceptional visual reflexes allow you to recognize, track, distinguish, adapt to, and counter movements with precision and confidence.
2. Tactile Reflexes: Learn to instantly feel what the opponent is attempting to do by quickly interpreting the direction of his body force. Ninety-five percent of all fights end up in close range. Be prepared!
3. Auditory Reflexes: It is important to react quickly to what you hear. If you have ever experienced blind sparring, or fighting in the dark, you know the importance of this attribute.
4. Adaptation Speed: This component deals with your mind's ability to instantaneously select the perfect action in response to an attack or opening. Learn to respond quickly, accurately, and seemingly without thought.
5. Initiation Speed: It's not how fast you move, but how soon you get there that really counts. Train yourself to make your movements felt before they are seen.
6. Movement Speed: Movement speed is the ability to quickly transfer part or all of your body from one place to another. It is the speed that is most recognized by the public at large. Don't be concerned with "demonstration" speed. Focus on developing the "applied" speed that will help you overwhelm and subdue an opponent in seconds.
7. Alteration Speed: Learn to quickly change directions in the midst of movement. Through mastery of body mechanics, you can develop the ability to stop your movement instantly...just in case you initiate a wrong move.
In addition to the seven keys, you will receive bonus information on developing speed hampering skills for complete speed development. Speed Hampering is the ability to effectively slow down the opponent's reaction time to your attacks. Having good speed hampering skills will enhance your ability to confuse, immobilize, and defeat an opponent.
Use the innovative Speed Loop training system and you can maximize your speed and power for MMA, martial arts, boxing, and wrestling.
Excellent Reference Book
By Scott - November 1, 2005
This book is an excellent reference book for anyone interested in the martial arts. The author explains in great detail all of the elements involved in speed, including movement speed and reaction speed just to name a few, as well as drills and exercises to increase one's speed. The drills are beneficial for beginners as well as experts. This book would make a great addition to anyone's bookshelf, especially a martial arts instructor's.
By Mark L. Kintigh - February 21, 2006
Very easy to understand, easy exercises that can give dramatic results if you do them. A lot of pratical information with just enough theory to justify the conclusions.
Decent but not earthshattering
By Mark Hensel - November 4, 2012
This book had a few good ideas for speed training drills, but was very simplistic. I wouldn't recommend it to a experienced practitioner, but might be OK for a novice or beginner.