CCNA Official Exam Certification Librar
y, Third Edition, is the newest edition of the all-time best-selling CCNA self-study preparation package. This comprehensive review and practice package is designed for the latest CCNA 640-802 exams. The two books contained in this package, CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide
, Second Edition, and CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide
, Second Edition, present complete reviews and a more challenging and realistic preparation experience. The books are updated to cover all the new 640-802 exam objectives, such as security, wireless, IPv6, and troubleshooting.
Please note that while this is the Third Edition of the Library, the two books inside are Second Editions. This is correct, and the editions align differently because of changes in the names of the exams, from the old INTRO and ICND to the new ICND1 and ICND2 formats.
What can you do with the CCNA Official Exam Certification Library
CCNA Official Exam Certification Library
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with Exam Preparation Tasks
- Practice with hundreds of exam questions on the CD-ROM
- Learn about more complex topics with over one hour of video training
, Third Edition, presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already” quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Chapter ending Exam Preparation Tasks sections help drill you on key concepts you must know thoroughly and help increase your speed in answering questions, a difficult hurdle many candidates face on the new exams. Final Preparation chapters guide you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan. Special troubleshooting sections help you master the complex scenarios you will face on the exam.
The companion CD-ROMs contain a powerful testing engine with over 400 questions that allow you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams. The test engine also includes simulation and testlet questions, and all questions are available in study mode and test mode. The assessment engine also tracks your performance and provides feedback on a chapter-by-chapter basis, presenting question-by-question remediation to the text.
The bonus DVDs contain more than 60 minutes of personal video mentoring from the author focused mainly on the topic of subnetting. These videos help bring difficult subnetting concepts to life and make learning easy.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging practice questions, this completely revised and updated edition provides you with more detailed information and more realistic practice exercises than any other CCNA study guide, enabling you to succeed on the exam the first time.
Best-selling author and senior instructor Wendell Odom shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you to identify areas requiring further study and to improve your conceptual and hands-on knowledge. The material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding of exam topics and preparing you for the numerous challenges the exams present.
These official study guides help you master all the topics on the CCNA exams, including:
- TCP/IP and OSI networking models
- Operating Cisco routers and LAN switches
- Ethernet switch configuration and troubleshooting
- Virtual LANs and Spanning Tree Protocol
- Wireless LANs
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Routing protocols
- Router configuration and troubleshooting
- Static and connected routes
- VLSM and route summarization
- IP access control lists
- OSPF and EIGRP configuration
- WAN configuration and troubleshooting
- Frame Relay
- Network Security and VPNs
Thorough Coverage of CCNA Topics, and a Great Value
By B. K. Wallace
- May 2, 2008
I'm a full time instructor of Cisco courses and a CCIE. My students sometimes ask for book recommendations for further study and review. So, I hope that this review of Wendell Odom's "CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, Third Edition" will provide some insight for CCENT and/or CCNA candidates considering the purchase of this library. Following are my observations:
- The "library" contains two separate books: (1) CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide Second Edition and (2) CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide Second Edition.
- Unlike some competitive titles you might come across, this CCNA library cleanly divides the topics of the 640-822 (CCENT/ICND1) exam and the 640-816 (ICND2) exam. So, if a candidate wanted to achieve their CCNA certification by taking the individual exams, they could study the corresponding book from the library. Alternately, if they wanted to take the composite 640-802 CCNA exam, they could study the entire... read more
Great New CCNA Study Guides
By G. Roesler "Cisco Reader"
- April 25, 2008
Having taught the Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification class at local community colleges, I am always interested when new Exam Certification material is published. This new CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, which is in its Third Edition, provides the individual who does not have the time or the funds to take an actual class (like I occasionally teach), a complete, step by step approach to studying and passing the current CCNA exams (ICND1-640-822 & ICND2-640-816 or CCNA-640-802). These volumes provide a solid explanation of networking fundamentals and provide a logical progression of topics and understanding, focusing on building an overall solid technical foundation and, of course, passing the CCNA examinations. The current CCNA exams are much more detailed in scope than in past tests, requiring the student to have specific concept and configuration knowledge encompassing internetworking fundamentals and progressing into routing protocols, switching, including... read more