8 Step Process - Apply Argan Oil to Hair
Argan oil is quietly gaining popularity amongst high profile women across America. In case you were wondering, argan oil is the oil
that is produced by crushing the argan fruit. Argan oil is quickly taking the place of other organic oils within the past 12 months,
particularly in 2012. It has a variety of healthy uses, including: hair treatments, skin care, body rejuvenation and even culinary use.
Why Argan is Great for Hair
Argan oil is commonly referred to as "liquid gold" all over the country, due to its many redeeming qualities. It takes care for a dry
and tangled mess, to a shiny head of moisturized hair that women dream of everywhere. Argan oil is effective for hair care for the
Argan oil hydrates (moisturizes) the hair naturally, it prevents hair from being frizzy or curly.
Argan oil naturally penetrates the pours in the hair shaft which allows it to be nourished with its organic nutrients.
It is used when all else does not work, i.e. it is great for hair that is unaffected by advanced treatments such as keratin and
Argan contains a variety of natural antioxidants that allow the hair to grow stronger, and at the same time repairs damaged
hair and follicles during the process.
Argan oil has a high amount of natural vitamin E, which as you all know is one of the best supportive vitamins for the hair.
While argan oil does not make hair greasy, it does act as a moisturizer for your hair.
Argan oil experts believe that it is the best treatment for damaged hair.
How to Apply Argan Oil to Your Hair (8 Steps)
1. Take some argan oil from the bottle, (I like Essence of Argan Oil) and cup it into your hands. It is an oil so be sure that it does
not run onto the floor.
2. Next, take a comb (important, do not use a brush) and gently drizzle some of the oil onto the comb. Try to evenly distribute
the oil onto the comb so that it will apply evenly.
3. After that, begin to comb the oil through your hair. If you begin to "comb dry" (which is the feeling of combing through a dry
head of hair) then simply apply more argan oil onto the comb.
4. Repeat this process over and over again until your hair has an oily feel to it.
5. Wait up to 1 hour to allow the argan oil to do its magic. Sometimes I will actually wait several hours, and put my hair up into
a hat or a bandana. Really, the longer the better so be sure you try to wait as long as possible.
6. Once you are ready to wash it off, take a very hot towel (damp, not wet) and wrap your head in the towel. Allow the wet
heat to seep into the argan oil/hair. This will lock in the moisture.
7. After that, wash your hair. We recommend using COLD water during the wash, and a shampoo without
sulfate/phosphor. Argan oil shampoo is a preferable choice.
8. For the next week, apply a very small amount of argan oil to your hair.
That's It! Thanks for stopping by...enjoy your argan. :-)