Cheat-Test.com - The Worldwide Renowned IT Certification Material Provider!
The safer, easier way to help you pass any IT Certification exams.
We provide high quality IT Certification exams practice questions and answers
(Q&A). Especially Cisco, Microsoft, HP, IBM, Oracle, CompTIA,
Adobe, Apple, Citrix, EMC, Lotus, Nortel, SUN and so on.
And help you pass any IT Certification exams at the first try.
Cheat-Test product Features:
● Verified Answers Researched by Industry Experts
● Questions updated on regular basis
● Like actual certification exams our product is in multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
● Our questions and answers are backed by our GUARANTEE.
7x24 online customer service: email@example.com
Click Here to get more Free Cheat-Test Certification exams!
Exam : Cisco 640-802
Title : Cisco Certified Network Associate
1. A network administrator changes the configuration register to 0x2142 and reboots the router. What are two results
of making this change? (Choose two.)
A. The IOS image will be ignored.
B. The router will prompt to enter initial configuration mode.
C. The router will boot to ROM.
D. Any configuration entries in NVRAM will be ignored.
E. The configuration in flash memory will be booted.
2. Refer to the exhibit. Both switches are using a default configuration. Which two destination addresses will host 4
use to send data to host 1? (Choose two.)
A. the IP address of host 1
B. the IP address of host 4
C. the MAC address of host 1
D. the MAC address of host 4
E. the MAC address of the Fa0/0 interface of the R1 router
F. the MAC address of the Fa0/1 interface of the R1 router
3. Before installing a new, upgraded version of the IOS, what should be checked on the router, and which command
should be used to gather this information? (Choose two.)
A. the amount of available ROM
B. the amount of available flash and RAM memory
C. the version of the bootstrap software present on the router
D. show version
E. show processes
F. show running-config
4. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true about the loopback address that is configured on RouterB?
A. It ensures that data will be forwarded by RouterB.
B. It provides stability for the OSPF process on RouterB.
C. It specifies that the router ID for RouterB should be 10.0.0.1.
D. It decreases the metric for routes that are advertised from RouterB.
E. It indicates that RouterB should be elected the DR for the LAN.
5. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true about interVLAN routing in the topology that is shown in the
exhibit? (Choose two.)
A. Host E and host F use the same IP gateway address.
B. Router1 and Switch2 should be connected via a crossover cable.
C. Router1 will not play a role in communications between host A and host D.
D. The FastEthernet 0/0 interface on Router1 must be configured with subinterfaces.
E. Router1 needs more LAN interfaces to accommodate the VLANs that are shown in the exhibit.
F. The FastEthernet 0/0 interface on Router1 and Switch2 trunk ports must be configured using the same
6. Which two topologies are using the correct type of twisted-pair cables? (Choose two.)
7. Which two values are used by Spanning Tree Protocol to elect a root bridge? (Choose two.)
A. amount of RAM
B. bridge priority
C. IOS version
D. IP address
E. MAC address
F. speed of the links
8. Which two locations can be configured as a source for the IOS image in the boot system command? (Choose two.)
C. flash memory
D. HTTP server
E. TFTP server
F. Telnet server
9. Refer to the exhibit. Assume that the routing protocol referenced in each choice below is configured with its default
settings and the given routing protocol is running on all the routers. Which two conditional statements accurately
state the path that will be chosen between networks 10.1.0.0 and 10.3.2.0 for the routing protocol mentioned?
A. If OSPF is the routing protocol, the path will be from R1 to R3 to R4 to R5.
B. If OSPF is the routing protocol, the path will be from R1 to R2 to R5.
C. If OSPF is the routing protocol, the path will be from R1 to R5.
D. If RIPv2 is the routing protocol, the path will be from R1 to R3 to R4 to R5.
E. If RIPv2 is the routing protocol, the path will be from R1 to R5.
10. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is adding two new hosts to SwitchA. Which three values could be
used for the configuration of these hosts? (Choose three.)
A. host A IP address: 192.168.1.79
B. host A IP address: 192.168.1.64
C. host A default gateway: 192.168.1.78
D. host B IP address: 192.168.1.128
E. host B default gateway: 192.168.1.129
F. host B IP address: 192.168.1.190
11. What are two advantages of Layer 2 Ethernet switches over hubs? (Choose two.)
A. decreasing the number of collision domains
B. filtering frames based on MAC addresses
C. allowing simultaneous frame transmissions
D. increasing the size of broadcast domains
E. increasing the maximum length of UTP cabling between devices
12. A network administrator is explaining VTP configuration to a new technician. What should the network
administrator tell the new technician about VTP configuration? (Choose three.)
A. A switch in the VTP client mode cannot update its local VLAN database.
B. A trunk link must be configured between the switches to forward VTP updates.
C. A switch in the VTP server mode can update a switch in the VTP transparent mode.
D. A switch in the VTP transparent mode will forward updates that it receives to other switches.
E. A switch in the VTP server mode only updates switches in the VTP client mode that have a higher VTP revision
F. A switch in the VTP server mode will update switches in the VTP client mode regardless of the configured VTP
13. A company is installing IP phones. The phones and office computers connect to the same device. To ensure
maximum throughput for the phone data, the company needs to make sure that the phone traffic is on a different
network from that of the office computer data traffic. What is the best network device to which to directly connect the
phones and computers, and what technology should be implemented on this device? (Choose two.)
14. Refer to the exhibit. The router has been configured with these commands:
interface FastEthernet 0/0
ip address 184.108.40.206 255.255.255.248
interface FastEthernet 0/1
ip address 192.168.10.254 255.255.255.0
interface Serial 0/0
ip address 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.252
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 18.104.22.168
What are the two results of this configuration? (Choose two.)
A. The default route should have a next hop address of 22.214.171.124.
B. Hosts on the LAN that is connected to FastEthernet 0/1 are using public IP addressing.
C. The address of the subnet segment with the WWW server will support seven more servers.
D. The addressing scheme allows users on the Internet to access the WWW server.
E. Hosts on the LAN that is connected to FastEthernet 0/1 will not be able to access the Internet without address
15. What are two reasons a network administrator would use CDP? (Choose two.)
A. to verify the type of cable interconnecting two devices
B. to determine the status of network services on a remote device
C. to obtain VLAN information from directly connected switches
D. to verify Layer 2 connectivity between two devices when Layer 3 fails
E. to obtain the IP address of a connected device in order to telnet to the device
F. to determine the status of the routing protocols between directly connected routers
16. Refer to the exhibit. After HostA pings HostB, which entry will be in the ARP cache of HostA to support this
17. Refer to the exhibit. A network associate needs to configure the switches and router in the graphic so that the
hosts in VLAN3 and VLAN4 can communicate with the enterprise server in VLAN2. Which two Ethernet segments
would need to be configured as trunk links? (Choose two.)
18. Refer to the exhibit. What could be possible causes for the "Serial0/0 is down" interface status? (Choose two.)
A. A Layer 1 problem exists.
B. The bandwidth is set too low.
C. A protocol mismatch exists.
D. An incorrect cable is being used.
E. There is an incorrect IP address on the Serial 0/0 interface.
19. What are two benefits of using VTP in a switching environment? (Choose two.)
A. It allows switches to read frame tags.
B. It allows ports to be assigned to VLANs automatically.
C. It maintains VLAN consistency across a switched network.
D. It allows frames from multiple VLANs to use a single interface.
E. It allows VLAN information to be automatically propagated throughout the switching environment.
20. Which two statements are true about the command ip route 172.16.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.4? (Choose two.)
A. It establishes a static route to the 172.16.3.0 network.
B. It establishes a static route to the 192.168.2.0 network.
C. It configures the router to send any traffic for an unknown destination to the 172.16.3.0 network.
D. It configures the router to send any traffic for an unknown destination out the interface with the address
E. It uses the default administrative distance.
F. It is a route that would be used last if other routes to the same destination exist.