In order to guarantee the data security on computer, many Windows vista users like
to set a Windows admin password to stop unauthorized users. But it will also
prevent administrator users from accessing to the computer if they forget the Vista
password they set. This will be troublesome for users, especially for those who are
urgent to get data from computer. So if you are easy to forget your Windows vista
password, it’s necessary to create a Windows Vista password reset disk to help you
to perform Windows Vista password recovery. It can help you avoid a lot of trouble.
How to create Windows Vista password reset disk with a USB flash drive?
To complete these steps, you need to prepare a USB flash drive and inset it in your
computer in advance.
1. Click Start button → Control Panel → User Accounts and Family Safety → User
2. Click Create a password reset disk in the left pane.
3. The Forgotten Password Wizard will open, and then click next
4. Select the portable media drive which you want to create a password reset disk on,
and then click next.
5. Enter your current password, and then click next.
6. Click next when the progress indicator shows 100% complete, and then click
Finish in the next window.
7. You can now remove the flash drive from your computer.
How to reset Vista password with the Vista password reset disk?
Once you have a Windows Vista password reset disk, you can recover Windows
vista password and regain access to computer easily with it. Insert the password
reset disk in computer and follow the below simple steps to recover Windows Vista
1. Start your computer and get to the Windows Vista logon screen.
2. Type a wrong password Vista, and then “Reset password” link will appear on the
Vista logon screen.
3. Click “Reset password” to Password Reset Wizard screen, and then click next.
4. Select the right disk if you have more than one password reset disk, click next.
5. Type in a new Vista password and password hint, click next.
6. Click Finish when you’ve successfully reset Windows Vista password.
Why the password reset disk can reset Windows vista password?
Are you curious about why the password reset disk can allows you to reset vista
password easily? What file on Vista password reset disk enables you to recover
Windows Vista password with ease? If you open the USB flash drive used to create
vista password reset disk, you’ll find a file named userkey.psw, which is an encrypted
backup version of your password.
What to do if you forget to create Vista password reset disk?
If you’ve forgotten to create a Windows Vista password reset disk, and you don’t
want to reinstall computer, you can still perform Windows Vista password recovery
with Windows Password Recovery. It allows you to recover lost or forgotten
Windows password by burning a bootable CD/DVD with an ISO image file. It is easy
to use and no installation is required.
1.Download Windows Password Recovery.
2.Burn a bootable CD/DVD with the ISO image file in program package.
4.Recover Windows Vista password with the burned CD/DVD.
If you want to know the details how to operate, the following article will teach you
How to Use Windows Password Recovery to Reset Windows Password?