JORDAN WARREN, CAIA
1736 Second Avenue, Apt 1B
New York, NY 10128
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst with significant experience in the areas of fund of hedge fund (FoHF) due diligence,
financial risk measurement, project management, process improvement, problem solving, data organization and analysis and
client service. Demonstrated ability to adapt and succeed in rapidly changing work environments. Extensive class-work
involving information system analysis, process modeling and relational database design.
Octane Research Inc.
New York, NY
July 2008 – Present
Assist in sourcing of boutique FoHF managers as well as monitoring existing investment advisors. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct quarterly quantitative screens of several public databases as well as proprietary manager list to garner the top
performing funds. Utilize Excel after downloading data from PerTrac to organize, score and rank the FoHF universe.
- Gather qualitative fund information via email, phone conversations and onsite visits to then aggregate and report to
Head of Research.
- Create in-depth quantitative reports on prospective managers for review by Investment Committee. Analysis includes,
but is not limited to, returns distribution, peer analysis, and manager selection and strategy allocation value-add.
- Actively participate in monthly calls with current managers to discuss portfolio performance and document issues
relevant to the ongoing due diligence process.
New York, NY
Vice President, Client Services
September 2005 – July 2008
Provided summary-level risk analytics on a monthly basis to hedge fund, fund of hedge fund, and pension plan clients.
Analysis encompassed commingled hedge funds, long-only as well as managed accounts associated with approximately $15
billon in assets. Awarded responsibility of developing three junior analysts. Responsibilities included:
- Produced risk analytics that included exposure and concentration analysis, Monte Carlo VaR, stress-testing, and
correlation analysis. Results based on return-streams, manager-reported exposures and positions gathered from
prime-brokers, administrators and fund managers. Hedge fund strategies covered include market directional,
corporate restructuring, convergence trading and opportunistic.
- Functioned as day-to-day contact to assist risk managers, portfolio managers, analysts and investor relations staff in
understanding the portfolio risk statistics provided.
- Customized risk reporting based on client-defined requirements. For example, created custom benchmarks and
Excel-based reports to complement the standard product offering.
- Developed custom SQL query and update commands to assist in management of position and account-level
New York, NY
Product Training Analyst
June 2001 – August 2005
Provided functional support for the Bloomberg Professional market data service to global base of approximately 260,000
clients in nearly all financial market sectors. Appointed to Bloomberg Application Programming Interface (API) specialist
team within two months of assuming role. Responsibilities included:
- Assisted clients in navigating the Bloomberg system to complete tasks such as portfolio creation and analysis and
custom security and news searches to facilitate more effective investment decisions.
- Instructed clients how to use the API to download Bloomberg data into other applications (e.g. Excel) to perform
customized modeling and quantitative analysis.
University at Albany, State University of New York
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (With Honors)
Dual Concentration in Management Information Systems and Marketing
Concentration GPA of 3.6 (out of a possible 4.0)
Software: Proficient in Bloomberg, Measurisk, PerTrac and Microsoft Office Suite; basic knowledge of Visio
Languages: Basic knowledge of SQL and Visual Basic