Money And Motherhood
“A No-Nonsense Guide To Building A
Home Based Business”
Brought to you by
Your Money And Motherhood Master Resale Rights
• You have full master resell rights to this product.
• You MAY resell this product and give resale rights to your customers.
• You MAY offer this product as a bonus to a PAID or Free product.
• You MAY include this product on a PAID membership site.
• You CAN give this product away for free.
• You CAN include this product on a free membership site.
• You CAN sell this product or give it away on Ebay or any other
DISCLAIMER AND/OR LEGAL NOTICES
The information presented herein represents the views of the author as of the
date of publication. Because of the rate with which conditions change, the author
reserves the right to alter and update their opinions based on the new conditions.
This report is for informational purposes only and the author does not accept any
responsibility for any liability resulting from the use of this information.
While every attempt has been made to verify the information provided here, the
author and her resellers and affiliates cannot assume any responsibility for errors,
inaccuracies or omissions. Any slights of people or organizations are
Make $592 in Your First 30 Days
Working Just A Few Hours From Home!
Chapter 1 – Are you Ready to Make Money from Home?
Chapter 2 – How to Choose the Best Business for You
Chapter 3 – Putting it All Together – Starting Your Business
Chapter 4 – Best Time Management Tips for Moms
Chapter 5 – Creating a Professional Business Image
Chapter 6 – Finding Customers
Chapter 7 – If you Build it Will Anyone Come? Using the Web
Chapter 8 – Customer Service
Chapter 9 – Running and Growing your Business
Chapter 10 – Let Uncle Sam Pay for Your Vacations, Vehicles
and the Orthodontist – Tax tips and information for Small
Chapter 11 – Additional Resources
Chapter 1: Are You Ready To Start
Making Money from Home?
If you’re a mom who is ready to build an income that gives you more freedom, more
choices, and the chance to have the lifestyle you want, there’s never been a better time to
start your own homebased business.
What are the advantages to owning your own homebased business? Here’s what other
successful moms have to say:
• Owning my own business has given me the opportunity to be at home with my
baby, and be a part of all of his “firsts”…his first smile, his first word, his first
steps. But it has also meant that I’m able to contribute to my family’s income.
The money I make in my part-time business made it possible for us to buy a new
mini-van, and pays the car and insurance payments every month. –Kelly M.
• I wanted to be at home with my children, and starting my own party plan business
gave me the opportunity to be there with my kids and yet make money too. I love
getting to meet new people and feel like I’m doing something that’s making life
easier for other moms is great too! – Jan S.
• You don’t have to leave your family to make an income. When you own your
own business you get freedom, flexibility and time to be with your children. And
you give up fighting traffic every day, having to deal with office politics and
paying someone else to raise your children. It was the perfect trade-off for my
family! – Cynthia T.
If you’ve ever thought about the possibilities of starting your own business, then this
book is for you! It will help you look at the realities of business ownership – everything
from figuring out if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur to deciding what
business is the best one for you to start. It will give you worksheets, resources and
information from moms who’ve been where you are today, and have made it work!
The really great thing about deciding to start your own business and work from home is
that the possibilities of what you can do – and be successful at it – are almost endless.
Types of Work-at-Home Businesses
The best place to start when you’re thinking about starting your own business is with
your own skills.
For example, if you’ve got office or administrative experience, here are some ideas:
• Become a Virtual Assistant. You clients can be from anywhere in the world, and
you would take care of a variety of administrative details for them such as:
reading and answering emails, writing letters, handling customer service requests
and complaints, writing sales letters, brochures, etc. Depending on your own
talents, you could include Website design, ghost writing, writing articles, etc.
• Set up an answering service in your home for local businesses. These days
everyone is tired of never being able to speak to a real person, and for small
business owners, who have to be out of their offices most of the day, you could
set up an answering service to take messages, forward requests and answer basic
• Take care of billing, bookkeeping and accounts payable for small business
owners. Many business owners would gladly pay someone else $25 - $50 an hour
to handle their books and make sure that everything gets paid on time. Since most
bookkeeping chores could be done in one or two hours a week, you could easily
handle the work for five to ten clients a month, and make a very nice income – all
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Many moms make a great income selling items on
EBay. Here are some ideas:
• Sell your own information products. Are you a whiz in the kitchen? Super at
Time Management? Are you an artist or craftsperson? Then create your own
information products that teach other people how to do what you do, and sell
them on EBay.
• Become a used bookseller. You could specialize in a specific topic or offer a
wide variety of used books for sale. Start with the books in your own bookcases
that no one reads, and then branch out. You can get great deals on books at yard
and estate sales, thrift stores, even books from friends and family that they no
• Set up a kids clothing and toy store. Your kids grow so quickly and sometimes
only wear outfits once or twice before they’ve outgrown them. Make money and
help other parents by selling them.
Are you a people person? Do you like making new friends and talking to strangers? Do
people always comment on how happy and friendly you are? Think about starting a
party-planning business. You’ve got an almost endless choice of the type of business you
could start, and you’ll have the security of knowing that you’re products are backed by a
successful company. (You’ll get all the support you need to be successful too!)
• If you like cooking, think about Tupperware, PartyChef or any of the other
companies that offer kitchen or cooking items for sale. You’ll get to set up home
parties, show people how to use the products and maybe even whip up a few
things in the kitchen too – and make money on everything you sell.
• If you’re into style and looking good, think about Avon, Mary Kay or any of the
other makeup, clothing or style companies. These days you have many choices
for running this type of business. You can drop off brochures and pick up orders
from individual clients, have in-home parties or even run your business on the
• If having a beautiful home is important to you and people are always telling you
that you should have been a decorator, think about any of the many companies
that offer decorating products for the home or office.
But don’t stop now! There are still so many ideas, including:
• Making and selling your own jewelry, soap or candles
• Planning parties for children or adults or special events
• Become a meeting planner and organize meetings, seminars or workshops for
local businesses in your area
• Small business consultant – if you have a special talent in one area, teach other
people how to be successful
• Become a free lance writer or copy writer
• Write personalized stories for children, letters from Santa or create family history
• Sell children’s books and learning guides
• Sell children’s learning toys
As you can see, the possibilities for starting your own business and making money from
home are only limited by your imagination and the type of work that you want to do!
Before you decide what type of business you want to start, it’s a good idea to think about
what you really want.
Here are some questions to help you get started.
1. Describe your personality
2. Do you like meeting new people and being on the go?
3. How many hours a week would you have to devote to your business?
4. What are your main three reasons for wanting to start your own business?
5. How much money do you want to make?
6. Do you like selling?
7. What is your biggest challenge right now?
8. What is your past business experience?
9. What are your hobbies, interests and passions?
10. Will your friends and family be supportive of your business?
Chapter 2 – How to Choose the Best
Business for You
Being a work-at-home mom or “mom-preneur” is one of the most exciting and satisfying
choices that many women make in their careers.
Because we’re here to support you – no matter what choices you make – we felt like it
was important that you understand the “dark side” of owning your own business, so that
you’re making an informed decision, one way or the other. Here are the “harsh’ realities
about starting your own business:
• Once you’re the business owner, you’re the one who is ultimately responsible to
make sure that everything gets done. The buck literally stops with you.
• Which means that when you’re just starting out, you may find yourself working
harder than you ever have before – starting and growing a successful business
takes time and effort. (And if you someone promises you that you can get rich
overnight, or with no effort involved, run as fast as you can in the other
• And you’re going to be trading the security of a steady paycheck for the
uncertainty of business’ sales cycle. (Let’s face it – the only way any business
succeeds is if they’re selling something. And when you own your business, it
usually means that sales person is going to be you.)
On the other hand, owning your own business means that you are in control of your
destiny – you get to set your own hours – decide how much your time is worth, and
create an exciting, fulfilling business, doing something you love and are passionate
about! It means that you get to make your mark, create a legacy and be a role model for
your children, showing them what is possible if they’re willing to work hard and go after
what they want.
Owning your own business means there is no more boss telling you what to do or how to
do it, no more having to work your life around someone else’s schedule, no more putting
all your energy, effort and creativity into making someone else rich.
And most importantly of all, it means that you’re going to get to be there for your family.
Sounds pretty good, right?
So the next step is deciding what kind of business is the best one for you.
And before you go jumping into the decision – whether you haven’t got a clue about what
kind of business you want to start, or you already know and have envisioned it in your
head a thousand times – you need to STOP! And really take the time to plan your next
Why is this so important? Because without creating a business strategy and doing some
serious planning, you are going to fail – either because your business doesn’t grow fast
enough or because it grows too fast.
Without putting together a business plan – and the RIGHT KIND of business plan – your
business is going to become a statistic and will be closing its doors.
The first step is to do an honest assessment of your business or business idea.
Ask yourself these questions:
• Can you really see yourself working in this field?
• Do you have the motivation and determination to start from scratch and do
whatever you need to do to succeed?
Figure out what it is that YOU want.
• Why are you going into business for yourself?