home > Others
This is not the document you are looking for? Use the search form below to find more!
Plagues And People
Plagues and People Kyle DeKlerk Man the Hunter Balance between parasites and host Cultural evolution creates disruption Major steps away from balance skills and tools to hunt (as early as…
- Added: May, 12th 2011
- Reads: 113
- Downloads: 0
- File size: 530.25kb
- Pages: 15
- content preview
by: bailey, 18 pages
Knowledge Management and People CMM
by: altea, 32 pages
Selected Bibliography of the Kalaw Kawaw Ya / Kala Lagaw Ya language and people held in the AIATSIS Library
by: bela, 4 pages
Important Events And People Of The American Revolution
by: IBM Malaysia, 3 pages
Graduan Feature 2011 Feature - Of Machines and People
by: shinta, 2 pages
There are many reasons why dogs can develop a fearful reaction to people and other
animals. Firstly, the dog may have had limited or minimal exposure to people and/or other
animals when ...
by: codfarmer55, 2 pages
Our Airport limo Provider is expert, trusted and reliable. Personal airport transfer provider to or ...
by: peterceliz195, 1 pages
A research report just been circulated which says that sim only deals have gotten more popular throughout the United kingdom.
by: rosa207woodley, 4 pages
vitality , television , pcs , room journey , the world wide web , antimatter or even nanotechnology?
by: dorothy16tucker, 4 pages
vitality , television , computer systems , space vacation , the internet , antimatter or perhaps
by: harold776girardi, 5 pages
quarks, dim power , television set , computers , room take a trip , the world wide web , antimatter as
- Plagues and People Kyle DeKlerk
- Man the Hunter
- Balance between parasites and host
- Cultural evolution creates disruption
- Major steps away from balance skills and tools to hunt (as early as 4 mil yrs ago), language, and clothes led to civilizations
- Man the Farmer
- Humans shaped environment
- Irrigation helped diseases thrive
- Africa (malaria and mosquito)
- Viral diseases thrived in almost all civilizations because of growing population
- Unusual because of Immune system
- Man the Farmer cont.
- Many diseases shared with domesticated animals
- Poultry 26, Rat 32, Horse 35, Pig 42, Sheep 46, Cattle 50, Dog 65
- Lassa fever Uganda 1969 (rodents)
- China great power began moving south
- Large difference in climate between North and South
- More parasites in South than in North
- Chinese historiographer recorded from 145 B.C.- 87 B.C. low population in South China males seemed died at a young age
- Irrigation of the Ganges vital to multiple harvests
- Irrigation helped keep viruses alive
- Surplus was maintained and population grew
- Very cramped passed on infections easily
- Hippocrates recorded many diseases in ancient Greece
- By the Christian Era India, China, Mediterranean 50 mil
- Unbalance between parasites and human host
- Civilizations vulnerable to unfamiliar infections
- All 3 suffered from outbreaks
- Eurasia cont.
- Infections began to come up unexpectedly probably due to trade
- Unexpected death strained society especially in Rome around 100 A.D.
- Mongol Rule
- Brought rats and items infected with Bubonic Plague
- Small scale reoccurrence in late 1800’s and again early 1900’s
- Transoceanic Exchanges
- Not much evidence in America before European control
- Spaniards defeated Aztecs (Smallpox)
- Less advanced than Eurasia
- Some diseases but much better balance
- Smallpox Hispaniola 1518 Cortez in America 1520
- Transoceanic cont.
- Syphilis and typhus to Europe during war time possibly from trade with Americas
- Maize, potatoes, tomatoes, chili peppers, peanuts, and manioc brought infections
- Medical Science
- First steps were religious sometimes good sometimes bad
- Gradually began to develop
- By the 15 th century Italy began quarantine
- Bubonic plague helped cope with syphilis
- Treatment for syphilis trial and error
- Medical Science cont.
- More cattle feed better cattle feed
- Malaria carrying mosquito like cattle blood but Malaria virus can’t survive in cattle
- More protein helped the immune system
- Better hygiene laws (waste removal)
- First Man and parasites lived in a balance
- Cultural evolution of man disrupted balance
- Less frequent more deadly viruses
Share Plagues And People.
Enter two words as shown below. If you cannot read the words, click the refresh icon.
Share Plagues And People as:
Copy html code above and paste to your web page.