Pudge Wars Advanced
Changelog (22/09/10 - Wednesday)
• Removed the leftovers that Tomes and Powerups gave (the shiny yellow glow on the ground).
• The bounce mentioned in Richochet Turbine now includes bouncing off the map edges.
• Fully implemented the Observer option (which was actually included pre v2.00, just never mentioned in game). Players can choose to observe instead of playing by
typing –observer, player red must approve of this.
v2.00 BETA 06e
Changelog (18/09/10 – Saturday)
• Properly fixed Blade Barrier from damaging Land Mines (I don’t know what happened there).
• Removed Food Cost from Hook Segment.
• Blade Barrier is now able to damage Barricades (again like in v1.24).
• Fixed up the message shown when in single player mode.
• Removed shadows from Barricades.
v2.00 BETA 06d
Changelog (17/09/10 – Friday)
• Rounds mode should now be functioning correctly.
• Time now updates properly in the scoreboard in Rounds mode.
• Flame now properly enchants on the Meat Hook first before switching to the caster.
• Fixed up various things with the mode selection.
• Blade Barrier fixed to no longer deal damage to Land Mines, like previously in v1.24. (MortAr)
• Removed the Rotate ability from Barricades created with Fissure.
• Corrected my email in the upkeep bar.
• Fixed the game mode message once selection has finished for rounds.
• Removed No Timer mode from the dialog if Rounds mode was selected.
• Increased their stray distance from 300 to 500, with them moving every 0.80 seconds instead of 0.50.
• AIs should now be able to hook Powerups more accurately after fixing an incorrect maths calculation.
• Removed Dynamite passing messages.
v2.00 BETA 06c
Changelog (14/09/2010 – Tuesday)
• Fixed Land Mine from dealing double damage.
• Added a safety removal for Blade Barrier – should the source unit become invalid somehow.
• The proper killer of a split instance is now shown in the message.
• Flame now leaves the trail behind as it’s hooked, rather than on the next instance.
• Players are now aware they have testing commands available to them, they are notified by a message after mode selection.
• Readded the Mirror Image effect on Hyperspeed.
• Removed revive debug messages.
• Added –dynamite / dy to the testing commands. Simply creates dynamite powerup on you.
• Added powerup options to testing commands, -pwtype and –pwspawn. –pwtype sets the type to spawn and –pwspawn sets the frequency.
v2.00 BETA 06b
Changelog (07/09/2010 - Tuesday)
• Fixed the bug messages being shown by TimerUtils.
• Decreased the maximum spacing slightly.
• Fixed the value shown on Boosted Mode information, actual start points is 10, not 25.
• Reverted Flame Meat Hook chain model back to literal fire, like in v1.24.
v2.00 BETA 06
• Fixed a bug related to Illusions and Dynamite.
• Fixed a bug related to Split images and Dynamite.
• Fixed a visual bug relating with lightning from Thunder and Land Mines.
• Thunder visual buff now shows correctly with Flame visual buff.
• Fixed an incorrect math calculation which showed wrong kills remaining, when a team had 10 kills remaining on a 50+ kills game.
• Fixed an exploit that allowed item abilities to be reset.
• Tossing things at your allies no longer stun them.
• Split cooldown increased from 30 to 60.
• Tome of Power refresh interval decreased from 120 seconds to 0 seconds.
• Split images now have the flame / thunder visual buff made on all of them.
• Flame wheel units now turn appropriately, although because of the model it’s hardly noticeable.
• Added a hyphen between the game name and team kills.
• Added the current game duration after the normal scoreboard. “v2.00 - 0/0 – 00:20”
• Floating text no longer displays when Land Mines are hit.
• Corrected the speed total in your private scoreboard (-sb).
• Increase Strength tome now has only 1 in stock.
• Updated the website displayed at the ending message. Also fixed up the punctuation.
• Added my contact info in a quest log.
• Added loading screen into the map.
• Removed the move command from Land Mines.
• Optimised Phantom’s Lance split images pathing detection.
• Removed all local handle leaks when an item is acquired.
• More and more code fixes. Although most don’t exactly contribute much, only a few nanoseconds faster.
v2.00 BETA 05
• Fixed bugs relating to Hyperspeed not resetting on some dead players or hidden players.
• Hyperspeed debugging messages now removed as a result.
• Fixed a bug relating to Fissure not having an effect when cast.
• Added a debug message to Meat Hook for when the caster becomes invalid, shown only to player red.
• Added a debug message for when a player revives.
• Split Images now bounce off when they hit unpathable areas.
• Split Image's Meat Hook no longer Headshot.
• Tiny’s Arm: Tossing powerups will now kill them when they land.
• Added a death effect to Split Images.
• Removed the allied hero has fallen message and sound.
• Recalculated the Meat Hook segment spacing.
• Blade Barrier model increased from 1.00 to 1.20, being the original size before v2.00.
• The next and back buttons are now highlighted green and red.
• During the custom length dialog, the backspace has been renamed Back, and the Finish has been named next. There hotkeys have also been changed to B and N.
• Added rupture to the reset command.
• Flame is now restricted to Pudge and non-illusions when created by command.
• Optimised the testing commands.
Pudge Wars Advanced
v1.24 to v2.00 - Summary
There have been a lot of changes to the map, mostly just polishing, as such I cannot remember and list every detail.
1. Graphical User Interface Mode Selection
As part of Tossrock’s intentions, a new interface mode selection interface has been added – you simply click the game options instead of typing it, you can always
use hotkeys for it, speeding up the process once you get use to the selection. The final design has changed from Tossrock’s original plan.
Graphical user interface display:
1. Ready button. For new users to adapt to this. Later on – the Manual Mode selection will be restored.
2. Game setting: Kills / Rounds / Next
3. Game length: Short / Medium / Long / Custom / Chat / Next / Back
The result of short is: Players 6
The result of short is: Players 7
The result of short is: Players 8
You are able to define your own game length, enter the desired game length as though you were chatting.
You would click each digit to form your desired game length.
Example: You wanted 256 kills. Press 2-5-6, then Finish.
- Pressing backspace at 0 would go back to the previous step.
Incase you need to talk to the players about the game settings, the interface will close. ESCape will restore it.
4. Game modifiers:
Additional game modifiers are adjusted here, each option will have (on) or (off) after it, clicking on the button will toggle it on/off.
i. No timer mode (nt)
– Players will revive in 5 seconds instead. NT is on by default.
ii. Boosted mode (bm)
– Players start off at Level 5, 250 gold, and 10 hook upgrade points.
iii. No powerup (np)
– Powerups will not spawn.
- The game starts after this.
- Takes you back one step.
2. Phantom’s Lance – Item (Passive / Active)
Passive Effect - Doppelwalk
Phantom's Lance gives Pudge a chance to substitute position with a freshly summoned illusion of himself when struck by enemy Meat Hooks, also becoming
invisible in the process.
Chance (%): 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
• Illusions deal 0% damage, with the exception of Flame.
• Illusions take 100% damage.
• Illusions will mimic it’s sources buff status, such as Flame, Thunder, etc.
• Illusions last 10 seconds.
• Pudge is invisible for 10 seconds, although he can still be hooked.
Active Effect (Level 5 only) - Split
Split allows Pudge to split into 3 miniature versions of himself. The 3 Pudges act in unison, moving, and hooking.
• Mini-Pudges are in unison, they will move together and when ordered a Meat Hook, they will all do so at the same time.
• Each Meat Hook will deal 100% damage, inclusive of the real Pudge’s item bonuses.
• Mini-Pudges are unable to pull of Headshots!.
• Mini-Pudges have only 100 HP, being able to kill enemies quickly, but also very fragile.
• If all 3 images die, the last damage source will count as the killer.
• If the Mini-Pudges move onto unwalkable terrain, they will simply bounce off.
• Tiny’s Arm – Toss: Units tossed will bounce off the game edge.
• Tiny’s Arm – Toss (Level 5): Throwing things at allies no longer stun them, but will still damage them.
• Tome of Power refresh interval decreased from 120 seconds to 0 seconds.
• Players are now aware they can choose to observe as it is listed in the commands quest log.
• Powerups now move more fluidly, no longer colliding with obstacles that interfere with their path.
• Powerup bonuses will usually end should the source die.
• Flame causes an immolation wheel on the “source”, the source is either the hookhead or Pudge.
• Flame now leaves a fire when extending and retracting.
• Headshot can now played more than once at the same time, in the case that multiple headshots occur.
• Leftover flame now emits less particles, for performance issues.
• Reduced the blade count from 60 to 45, for performance issues.
• Thunder nova now reveals in fog of war, to prevent awkward looking nova’s showing for enemy players who have the zone fogged.
• The damage attachment point has been changed to origin.
• Thunder now less frequently shoots lightning to the bottom less corner.
• Hyperspeed’s fog is no longer instant; it fades out over a duration of 1 second.
• Fixed the exploit where you were able to get outside of the map arena by Blinking with Grapple Hook (Level 5), using Lay Mine with Techie’s Explosive Barrel, or using Lay
Barricade with Earthshaker’s Totem. Consequently being able to:
o Crash the game by Tossing an object in the outer edge.
o Using Thunder Charge from Richochet Turbine (Level 5) to trigger multiple thunder novas – causing lag and scoring kills to those who nearby very easily.
• Fixed an exploit where you would have no cooldown on active item skills.
• Fixed observer mode, now fully functional.