Adam J. Markey
4495 Village Springs Place
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Web Analytics leader with established record of producing strategic and actionable
Web Analytics Manager/Analyst
February 2005 – Present
Intercontinental Hotels Group*
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) Accomplishments
• Developed structure, logic and reporting functionality for database detailing the
online behavior of 250 Million unique visitors to IHG's websites.
• Redesigned key web metrics to properly evaluate conversion, brand cross-sell
and revenue attribution.
• Founded cross-regional marketing strategy that generated additional $16 Million.
• Increased CTR by 31% and conversion by 37 basis points for IHG's highest
valued customer segment.
• Conducted behavior analysis that led to a 65% projected cost reduction for re-
targeted advertising initiative.
• Identified $39 Million of misallocated revenue.
• Lead search optimization analysis that verified the revenue lift of IHG's dual
• Directed segmentation and analysis for new Holiday Inn website launch.
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) Responsibilities
• Supervise, develop and streamline workflow for team of Analysts.
• Ensure overall Web Analytics comprehension and data integrity.
• Design, direct and communicate the analytical approach, strategy and measurement
for IHG's $3 Billion website.
− Includes Merchandising, Usability & Conversion
• Liaison to IT, Web Development, Emerging Technologies (predictive modeling) and
Enterprise Data Management (CRM).
• Relationship owner for multiple analytics service vendors.
*Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge Suites,
Candlewood Suites, Hotel Indigo
Page 1 of 2
May 2002 – August 2003
• Increased demand forecast accuracy by 50%.
• Analyzed and presented industry trends to executive management.
Account Specialist/Project Manager
July 1999 – April 2002
Information Resources, Inc.
Chicago, IL & Atlanta, GA
• Presented market and category data trends to client.
• Developed customized quality control process which became the basis to ensure
• Built and managed client's marketing database.
Nov 1997 – May 1999
• Achieved 133% of new business quota.
• Managed and built relationships with over 100 small businesses.
MBA, E-Commerce, Business Analysis
Georgia State University
BA, Political Science, Sociology
New Orleans, LA
Programs and Applications
Access, APT 6, Business Objects, Coremetrics, Demand Solutions, Hitwise, Google
Analytics, MS Office, SAS, SQL, Toad for Oracle, Tealeaf, WebTrends
Awards and Recognitions
• Earned nine IHG "Bravo" Awards.
• 2008, 2009 and 2010 top individual fundraiser for IHG's sponsorship for Atlanta
References Available Upon Request
Page 2 of 2