We are unable to create an online viewer for this document. Please download the document instead.
Thank you for purchasing this Swan TEASMADE.
With this iconic product, you are joining a unique group of people – going back
some 70 years or more – who just have to be woken with a nice, hot cup of tea
in the morning – and who can blame you. Even if tea isn’t your thing and you
prefer a cup of (that new fangled) coffee in the morning, not to worry.
This modern, 21st century TEASMADE can make coffee too!
But you can’t get the Internet on it – just yet.
Please read all the instructions carefully before using your Swan TEASMADE
When using any electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed including
1. This appliance is for household use only. Read al instructions careful y before using any appliance.
2. Always ensure that the voltage on the rating label corresponds to the mains voltage in your home.
3. Incorrect operation and improper use can damage the appliance and cause injury to the user.
4. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliances by a person responsible for
their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
5. Check the power cord and plug regularly for any damage. If the cord or the plug is damaged,
it must be replaced by the manufacturer or qualified person in order to avoid an electrical hazard.
6. Do not use the appliance if it has been dropped or damaged in any way. In case of damage,
take the unit in for examination and/or repair by an authorised service agent.
7. Never immerse the unit in water or any other liquid for cleaning purposes.
8. Remove the plug from the socket by gripping the plug. Do not pul on the cord to disconnect
the appliance from the mains. Always unplug the unit when not in use, before cleaning
or when adding or removing parts.
9. The use of accessory attachments that are not recommended or supplied by the manufacturer
may result in injuries, fire or electric shock.
10. A short cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from becoming entangled
in or tripping over a longer cord.
11. Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table or counter. Ensure that the cord
is not in a position where it can be pulled on inadvertently.
12. Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces and do not place on or near a hot gas
or electric burner or in a heated oven.
13. Do not use the appliance on a gas or electric cooking top or over or near an open flame.
14. Use of an extension cord with this appliance is not recommended. However, if it is necessary
to use an extension lead, ensure that the lead is suited to the power consumption of the
appliance to avoid overheating of extension cord, appliance or plug point. Do not place the
extension cord in a position where it can be pulled on by children or animals or tripped over.
15. This appliance is not suitable for outdoor use. Do not use the appliance for anything other
than its intended use.
16. Do not carry the appliance by the power cord.
17. Do not leave the appliance unattended during use. Always unplug the unit when not
in use or before cleaning.
18. Always operate the appliance on a smooth, even, stable surface. Do not place the unit on a hot surface.
19. Ensure that the unit is switched off after use.
20. The manufacture does not accept responsibility for any damage or injury caused by improper
or incorrect use, or for repairs carried out by unauthorised personnel.
21. In case of technical problems, switch off the machine and do not attempt to repair it yourself.
Return the appliance to an authorised service facility for examination, adjustment or repair.
Always insist on the use of original spare parts. Failure to comply with the above mentioned
precautions and instructions, could affect the safe operation of this product.
22. CAUTION: DO NOT OVER-FILL THIS PRODUCT
23. NEVER ATTEMPT TO MOVE OR CLEAN THIS PRODUCT UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY COOLED
24. DO NOT USE EXTERNAL AUTOMATIC TIMERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS PRODUCT
25 The filler cap should not be opened during the boiling cycle
It is important to ensure the
correct plug adaptor is used
when operating in a country
not using the UK 13 Amp
socket system. If in doubt,
consult a qualified electrician.
• Do not remove the teapot
from the base during the
filling cycle as scolding
water will be ejected.
• After filling the tank,
ensure the cap is
Do not open the cap
during the boiling cycle
• After the tea making
cycle is complete, wait
a few minutes before
removing the filler cap
as it will be hot.
Before first use
Remove all packaging from
the product and connect to
the 230-240V AC mains supply.
1. Fill the ceramic jug with water
to 1” (25mm) below top.
2. Open the lid and remove the
tank cap by turning it anti-clockwise
3. Pour the water from the jug into
the tank and replace the tank cap
by turning it clockwise.
4. Place the ceramic jug back on it’s stand
on the TEASMADE, ensuring that it is
resting firmly against the safety switch
5. Press the TEA NOW button and wait
6. In a few minutes the water in the tank will
boil and be ejected into the pot. You will
hear the traditional TEASMADE woosh!
as the water is ejected from the tank
into the ceramic pot.
7. Once this process is complete, discard the water from the pot. Your TEASMADE is now clean
and ready to use. Fill ceramic jug to 1” (25mm) below top Always use jug to fill the tank.
Your TEASMADE is now clean and ready to use.
Setting the clock
Insert the plug into the mains socket.
The hands of the LCD clock will be at the
12:00 position. The alarm set dot will also
be at the 12:00 position.
Let’s set the clock first:
Press the CLOCK SET button to
advance the clock hands to the right time.
Each press wil advance the clock 1 minute.
To fast forward the clock press and HOLD
the CLOCK SET button.
Note: there is no am or pm setting.
The TEASMADE uses a 12 hour clock.
Setting the alarm only
The dot on the clock face indicates the alarm time. To set the alarm time press the ALARM SET
button. Each press will advance the alarm time by 1 minute. To fast forward the alarm time, press
and HOLD the ALARM SET button. Once you release the ALARM SET button, the clock will revert
back to the current time and the alarm dot will be displayed.
Note: there is no am or pm setting. The TEASMADE uses a 12 hour clock.
Once the alarm time is set, press the ALARM button so that it lights up. The alarm is now set.
Once the alarm time has been reached press the ALARM button to stop the beeps.
MAKE SURE THE ALARM BUTTON IS LIT OR YOU MIGHT BE LATE FOR WORK!
Setting for tea making and alarm
Since the tea making process takes a few minutes, the alarm/tea making time must be set
at least 10 minutes before the current time. Lift the cover and remove the filler cap by turning
it anti-clockwise. Use the pot to fill the tank. Note: The pot holds exactly the amount of water
the TEASMADE needs. Do not use any other vessel to fill the tank or there is a risk the tank
will over flow and pose a scalding hazard.
Replace the fil er cap firmly by turning it clockwise. Put 2 tea bags (or 2 teaspoons of instant coffee)
in the pot and replace the lid. Place the pot back into the TEASMADE so that it rests against the safety
switch. Note: the tea making process wil not work unless the pot is resting against the safety switch.
Set the alarm time as detailed above only this time press the AUTOMATIC TEA button so
that it lights up. Once the alarm time has been reached the alarm will sound and the clock face
will flash. To stop the alarm either press the AUTOMATIC TEA button or simply remove the pot
from the TEASMADE. Note: the tea making process begins about 5 mins before the alarm
sounds. During the tea making process the TEA NOW button will illuminate briefly.
If you want the TEASMADE to make
tea now, we have equipped it with a handy
TEA NOW button! We hope you appreciate
the thought and effort we put into naming that
button. Fill the tank as described above, put
2 tea bags (or 2 teaspoons of instant coffee)
into the pot, place the pot back in the
TEASMADE, ensuring it is resting against
the safety switch. Press the TEA NOW button
and the tea making process will begin. The
cycle takes approximately 5 mins and finishes
with the traditional TEASMADE woosh as
the water is ejected into the pot from the tank.
To interrupt the tea making cycle press the
TEA NOW button again and the cycle wil stop.
If you require more tea, please wait a few minutes
between cycles to al ow the tank to cool.
To operate the reading light simply press
the reading light button
Cleaning and maintenance
Ensure the product is unplugged from the mains and completely cooled before cleaning.
The pot should be cleaned daily with warm soapy water, then rinsed with clean water.
Do not leave water in the tank for long periods. Wait until the product has cooled before
emptying the tank.
The outside of the unit can be cleaned with a soft cloth moistened with a mild detergent solution.
DO NOT USE CHEMICAL OR ABRASIVE CLEANERS. DO NOT IMMERSE THE UNIT IN WATER.
Excessive lime scale build-up will hurt your precious TEASMADE!
It is important to de-scale the product regularly in order to maintain best performance.
Use a good de-scaling agent available from most supermarkets. Fill the tank using the
pot and include the de-scaling agent. LEAVE THE FILLER CAP OFF on this occasion.
Place the empty pot on it’s stand, ensuring it is in contact with the safety switch.
Press the TEA NOW button. The water in the tank will boil.
Note: With the filler cap off there will be an increased amount of steam so be careful.
Once the water in the tank is boiling, press the TEA NOW button to switch it off.
Carefully replace the filler cap and press the TEA NOW button once again. The water
will be ejected into the pot. This will de-scale all the pipes and tubes inside the TEASMADE.
Once de-scaling is complete, allow the unit to cool and rinse the tank and pot in clean water.
To change the lightbulb
1 Disonnect the product from the mains supply
3 Unscrew the bulb in anti-clockwise direction
2 Remove the 2 screws from the lamp cover
4 Replace with bulb of same type: E14 15 Watts
UK Plug wiring instructions
The wires in the mains lead are coloured in accordance with the following code:
As the colours of the wire in the mains lead of this appliance may not correspond with the colour
markings identifying the terminals on your plug, proceed as follows: The wire which is coloured
BLUE must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter N or coloured black.
The wire which is coloured BROWN must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the
letter L or coloured red. The wire which is coloured GREEN/YELLOW must be connected to the
terminal which is marked with the letter E or (earth symbol) and is coloured GREEN or GREEN/YELLOW.
WARNING: THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED
Disposal of unit
Disposal instructions for Swan items in accordance with the WEEE directive.
Appliances bearing the symbol shown here may not be disposed of in domestic
rubbish. You are required to dispose of old electrical and electronic appliances
like this separately. Please visit www.recyclemore.co.uk, or www.recylcenow.co.uk
for access to information about the recycling of electrical items. The WEEE directive,
introduced in August 2006, states that all electrical items must be recycled,
rather than taken to landfill. Please arrange to take this appliance to your
local Civic Amenity site for recycling, once it has reached the end of its life.
If the clock face is too bright, simple
use the stickers provided to tone it down.
STM100-01: Ceramic pot
STM100-02: Light bulb
2 Year guarantee
This product is guaranteed for two years from the date of original purchase.
If any defect arises due to faulty materials or workmanship faulty products must
be returned to place of purchase. Refunds or replacement is at the discretion of the store.
The following conditions apply:
· The product must be returned to the retailer with original proof of purchases.
· The product must be installed and used in accordance with the instruction
contained in this instruction guide.
· It must be used only for domestic purpose.
· It does not cover wear and tear, damage, misuse or consumable parts.
· Swan has no responsibility for incidental or consequential loss or damage.
· Valid in the UK and Eire Only
Search ‘Swan Teasmade’
Upload photos of your Teasmade
to share with the rest of the gang
Join the community!
for more great Swan products and history of the Swan Brand