* TECHNICAL MEETING
* 24TH FEBRUARY 2012
* a.The competition will be held on 24 February , 2012 at FH Unpad
* b. There will be additional materials, which are weather forecast, news report, and live
interview with 2 minutes as the additional time.
* c. The materials for the competition will be given in small letters and without reading marks. As
a result, the participants must adjust the contents for their own performance in the
* d. Materials for the live interview will be in the form of a profile of the person to be interviewed.
Participants must then make their own questions to ask the interviewee and determine the
subject of the live interview by themselves.
* e.All participants must draw the ordinal numbers and the theme he/she will get for the
materials of the competition. The drawing process will be held 1 hour before the final round
* f. The drawing process must be attended by all participants. If by any chance the participants
cannot attend the drawing process, the committee will do the drawing for both ordinal numbers
and news casting materials.
* g. The participants will have one hour before the final round starts to study the material.
* II. Timing
* a. Speeches will be six to eight minutes.
* b. Upon being introduced, the contestant shall proceed immediately to the speaking position.
Timing will begin with the contestant's first definite verbal or nonverbal communication with
* c. Timer shall provide warning signals to the contestant, which shall be clearly visible to the
* 1. A green signal will be displayed at six minutes and remain displayed for one minute
* 2. A yellow signal will be displayed at seven minutes and remain displayed for one minute
* 3. A red signal will be displayed at eight minutes and remain on until the closing of the speech
* 4. No signals shall be given for the overtime period
* 5. Any sightless contestant may request and must be granted a form of warning signal of his or
her own choosing
* 6. In the event of technical failure of the signal, a speaker is allowed 30 seconds extra overtime
before being disqualified.
* III. Physical Appearance
* a. Every participant has to wear formal apparel. Blazer is a must. All participants must not
wear jeans in this competition
* b. Every participant has to wear formal shoes
* c. Every participant must keep his/her appearance neat and clean; this includes hair neatness.
* d. A minimal use of cosmetics is allowed for participants.
* IV. Scoring Criteria
* a. Performance
* 1. Self presentation
* 2. Confidence
* 3. Attire and neatness
* 4. Expression and eye contact
* b. Material
* 1. Material control
* 2. Intonation
* 3. Articulation
* 4. Tempo
* 5. Timing
* FINAL ROUND MATERIAL
* NEWS READING
The materials for the competition will be given in small letters and without reading marks. As a
result, the participants must adjust the contents for their own performance in the competition.
* WEATHER FORECAST (FOR EXAMPLE)
* LIVE INTERVIEW
* Live Interview
* In this section, we're going to test your manners when you're interacting with people. How well
you can get along, your enthusiasm about general issues and how big your knowledge is.
* There will be 10 names of Indonesia's public figures, they all have different background, you
might be interviewing an actress, an athlete, a scientist, etc. You'll get a name through a
drawing, no one will get a same name and when you get the name, you'll also get description
about the public figure, it's in one package.
* Our people will represent these public figures, so you won't really meet them, but it doesn't
mean that you can forget your manners and lower your enthusiasm, good luck!
10.00 START COMPETITION