TestInside CompTIA 220-702 A+ Certification
CompTIA CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition)
Practice Exam: 220-702 Exams
Exam Number/Code: 220-702
Exam Name: CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition)
Questions and Answers: 610 Q&As
( A+ )
"CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition)", also known as 220-702
exam, is a CompTIA certification.With the complete collection of questions
E x a m :
and answers, TestInside has assembled to take you through 610 Q&As to
your 220-702 Exam preparation. In the 220-702 exam resources, you will cover every field and category in CompTIA
Certification helping to ready you for your successful CompTIA Certification.
Quality and Value for the 220-702 Exam TestInside Practice Exams for CompTIA A+ Certification 220-702 are written
to the highest standards of technical accuracy, using only certified subject matter experts and published authors for
TestInside provide the professional Q&A.
1. We offer free update service for three month.
After you purchase our product, we will offer free update in time for three month.
2. High quality and Value for the 220-702 Exam.
220-702 simulation test questions, including the examination question and the answer, complete by our senior IT
lecturers and the A+ product experts, included the current newest 220-702 examination questions.
3. 100% Guarantee to Pass Your A+ exam and get your A+ Certification.
If you do not pass the CompTIA Certification 220-702 exam (CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition)) on your
first attempt using our TestInside testing engine and pdf file, we will give you a FULL REFUND of your purchasing fee.
use TestInside 220-702 Q&A ensure you pass the exam at your first try.
TestInside professional provide A+ 220-702 the newest Q&A, completely covers 220-702 test original topic. With our
complete A+ resources, you will minimize your A+ cost and be ready to pass your 220-702 tests on Your First Try,
100% Money Back Guarantee included!
CompTIA 220-702 Test belongs to one of the A+ certified test, if needs to obtain the A+ certificate, you also need to
participate in other related test, the details you may visit the A+ certified topic, in there, you will see all related A+
certified subject of examination.
TestInside Testing Engine Features
Comprehensive questions and answers about 220-702 exam
220-702 exam questions accompanied by exhibits
Verified Answers Researched by Industry Experts and almost 100% correct
220-702 exam questions updated on regular basis
Same type as the certification exams, 220-702 exam preparation is in multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Tested by multiple times before publishing
Try free 220-702 exam demo before you decide to buy it in Test-Inside.com.
Note:This pdf demo do not include the question's picture.
Exam : CompTIA 220-702
Title : CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition)
1. Which of the following are methods to automatically update the antivirus application? (Select TWO).
A. Establish rules in the email scheduling program to perform updates.
B. Select Update Now from the program options.
C. Use the Automatic Update feature built into the application.
D. Use scripts.
E. Use Windows Update.
2. A client has been unable to fix corruption of system files and does not have a backup or an Automated System
Recovery (ASR) disk. Which of the following is the BEST action to take next?
A. Copy the missing file from another computer and reboot.
B. Execute a Windows repair from the Windows setup media.
C. Boot into the Recovery Console and execute FIXBOOT.
D. Reboot and press the F2 key when prompted.
3. A customer reports they are unable to connect to any computers outside of the office and they are unable to
connect to the Internet. When the technician runs ipconfig, the customer gets the following output:
Which of the following could be causing the issue?
A. The subnet mask is not correctly configured.
B. The DNS client has not been configured on the computer.
C. The DHCP client is unable to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server.
D. The default gateway is not specified.
4. A user reports that their system is starting to run slower, especially when opening large local files. The system has
sufficient RAM for the users applications, but the hard drive seems to have higher than normal activity when opening
large files. Which of the following would be the BEST tool to diagnose and troubleshoot this problem?
A. Task Manager
D. Disk Defragmenter
5. Which of the following is the BEST way to deny unauthorized computers access to a network?
A. Disable DHCP.
B. Use MAC filtering.
C. Disable the SSID broadcast.
D. Use a network firewall.
6. A user is trying to boot a desktop PC from their A: drive. Which of the following devices is the user describing?
A. The floppy drive
B. The hard drive
C. The CD-ROM drive
D. The DVD-ROM drive
7. A computer is redeployed after sitting in storage for a year and is now displaying the wrong date. Which of the
following is the cause?
A. The computers BIOS is corrupt.
B. The computers operating system needs to be updated.
C. The computers CMOS battery has lost its charge.
D. The computers power supply is failing.
8. A user states they receive a message Boot device not found half of the time they boot their system. Which of the
following is the MOST likely cause?
A. A dead CMOS battery
B. The OS is not installed on the hard drive
C. A faulty RAM
D. A faulty HDD connection
9. Which of the following is the BEST solution for repairing a hard drive that results in the NTLDR is missing display
A. Use recovery console and the fixmbr command.
B. Use recovery console and the bootcfg /rebuild command.
C. Use recovery console and the fixboot command.
D. Use recovery console and the chkdsk command.
10. A customer reports that their newly purchased Windows Vista Home Premium notebook is unable to see other
computers in their home office. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
A. The Windows Defender service is turned on.
B. The Network Location Type is Work.
C. The Network Location Type is Private.
D. The Network Location Type is Public.
11. A user works daily with video production and needs portable storage which will allow them to transport their work
back and forth from home. Taking the users storage and bandwidth requirements into consideration, which of the
following would BEST suit the users needs?
A. An external hard drive connected via eSATA
B. An external hard drive connected via USB 2.0
C. An external hard drive connected via serial
D. A thumb drive connected via USB 2.0
12. A computer is failing to boot. Which of the following tools would be used FIRST in troubleshooting?
A. Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)
C. Power supply tester
D. Spectrum analyzer
13. Which of the following could cause an Inaccessible boot drive error during the boot process?
A. HDD failure
B. DVI failure
C. USB failure
D. CD failure
14. A Windows XP system locks up after the GUI starts to load. The system will start in Safe Mode. The Event
Viewer reports that a driver failed to load. Which of the following methods would help diagnose the problem?
A. Enable boot logging. In Safe Mode, read the ntbtlog.txt file.
B. In Safe Mode, run the sigverif utility.
C. Restart the system from the OEM recovery CD; do a full restore.
D. In Safe Mode, run the driverquery utility.
15. Which of the following commands will allow a technician to disable startup programs?
16. A technician needs to check which ports are open in the Windows Firewall. Which of the following will allow the
technician to view these settings?
A. netsh firewall show logging
B. ipconfig /all
C. netsh firewall show state
D. arp -a
17. A technician notices that the BIOS event log shows a chassis intrusion. Which of the following is the MOST likely
reason for the event?
A. There is a loose object in the case.
B. An optical drive drawer is open.
C. The computer case was opened.
D. An attacker hacked into the system.
18. A technician is called for a computer that is not connecting to the network. Which of the following would be the
MOST common tool used to identify the issue?
A. Cable tester
C. Loop back plugs
D. Crossover cable
19. Which of the following will reset the BIOS settings? (Select TWO).
A. Unplug the CMOS battery.
B. Unplug the power supply.
C. Switch on the reset jumper.
D. Replace the RAM.
E. Unplug the CPU.
20. A technician has just installed an upgraded graphics card. The computers power turns off before it finishes
booting. Which of the following is the cause of the problem?
A. The monitor cannot display the increased resolution that is a feature of the new graphics card.
B. The power supply does not provide enough wattage to power the new graphics card.
C. The new graphics card is incompatible with the existing processor.
D. The computer does not have enough RAM to support the new graphics card.
21. A remote user is attempting to install a new external storage device on their computer. The user reports they only
have one port open on the back of the device and the port is similar to the USB port their mouse is connected to. The
port has a bevel on one side and is slightly larger than the USB port. Which of the following connector types is MOST
likely being described?
A. IEEE 1394
B. USB 2.0
22. A customer wants to check whether they have the necessary tools enabled to prevent intrusions and virus attacks
on a Windows Vista workstation. Which of the following tools can be used to display the current configuration?
A. Security Center
B. Event Viewer Security log
C. Windows Defender
D. Windows Firewall
23. After a technician installs a new CMOS battery on a motherboard, which of the following will the technician have to
A. Firmware version
B. System date/time
C. Bus speeds
D. Jumper settings
24. A system powers on, begins POST, displays the BIOS version information and then hangs with the error message
Error loading operating system. Which of the following is MOST likely cause of this issue?
A. A virus has infected the system
B. Corrupted BOOT.INI file
C. Corrupt MBR
D. Boot sector corruption
25. A technician is troubleshooting a WLAN card in a laptop. The wireless infrastructure is 802.11g. The WLAN card
is showing connected at 11Mbps. Which of the following would be the BEST reason why the WLAN card is performing
at that speed?
A. The WLAN card is 802.11g.
B. The WLAN card is 802.11b.
C. The WLAN card is 802.11n.
D. The WLAN card is 802.11a.
26. A technician is cleaning spyware from a Windows XP machine. Because of the infections, the unit cannot browse
the Internet to obtain anti-virus updates. Which of the following is the BEST course of action? (Select TWO).
A. Boot into safe mode and format the drive.
B. Install a pop-up blocker and update Internet Explorer.
C. Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and attempt updates.
D. Boot into safe mode and perform CHKDSK.
E. Apply updates manually by downloading the definition files on another machine.
27. After removing several obsolete programs from a PC, a user is experiencing slower than usually processing times.
Which of the following would be the BEST way to speed up the processing?
A. Use an external hard drive.
B. Defrag the hard drive.
C. Add more RAM to the computer.
D. Install a larger hard drive.
28. Which of the following commands would create an emergency repair disk for the Windows 2000 Professional
C. bootcfg /rebuild
29. If a technician is traveling outside of the US, which of the following should be checked before setting up a
A. Local file format
B. Wattage setting
C. Local power codes
D. Voltage setting
30. A user reports they can no longer change the web browser home page. Which of the following is MOST likely the
A. They are using the wrong WEP key.
B. They have been infected with malware.
C. They have lost Internet connectivity.
D. They need to update their network device drivers.
More 220-702 Information
Related 220-702 Exams
220-602 CompTIA A+ 220-602 Exam(IT Technician designation pathway)
220-701 CompTIA A+ Essentials (2009)
220-601 CompTIA A+ Essentials 220-601 Exam
220-702 CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition)
220-603 CompTIA A+ 220-603(Remote Support Tech designation pathway)
220-303 A+ Core Hardware Exam -Arabic or Greak only
220-604 CompTIA A+ 220-604 Exam(Depot Tech designation pathway)
220-302 A+ OS TECHNOLOGY(2003 Objectives)
220-301 A+ CORE HARDWARE(2003 Objectives)
220-304 A+ Core OS Technologies Exam - Arabic or Greak only
BR0-003 CompTIA A+ Bridge (2009 Edition) Exam
JK0-601 CompTIA E2C A+ Essentials (2007 Edition) Exam
220-611 CompTIA A+ Essentials Exam - Arabic only
JK0-602 CompTIA A+ 220-602 (2007 Edition) Certification Exam, IT Technician Designation
JK0-701 CompTIA E2C A+ Essentials (2009 Edition) Exam
220-612 CompTIA A+ 220-602(IT Technician)Exam - Arabic only
Other CompTIA Exams