IBM 000-077 Braindumps Exams -TestSoon
Exam Name: xSeries Technical High Performance Servers V2
Q & A : 130 Q&As
Quality and Value for the 000-077 Exam
TestSoon Practice Exams for IBM IBM certifications I 000-077 are written to the highest standards of technical accuracy, using only
certified subject matter experts and published authors for development.
100% Guarantee to Pass Your 000-077 Exam
If you do not pass the IBM certifications I 000-077 exam on your first attempt using our TestSoon testing engine, we will give you a FULL
REFUND of your purchasing fee.
Downloadable, Interactive000-077 Testing engines and PDF Version
Our IBM certifications I Exam Preparation Material provides you everything you will need to take a IBM certifications I certification n
examination. Details are researched and produced by IBM Certification Experts who are constantly using industry experience to produce
precise, and logical.
Free 000-077 Exams
Exam : IBM 000-077
Title : xSeries Technical High Performance Servers V2
1. A customer needs a new database server. Their third-party application requires Microsoft SQL Server. They have 100 users who will
login to the network and store their data files on the network server. They will also require the server to be an email server and to deploy a
central antivirus solution. Which of the following network operating systems would satisfy these requirements?
A. SuSE Linux Enterprise 9
B. Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 3
C. Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Web Edition
D. Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition
2. A consultant has been asked to do a performance analysis on a database server. Which subsystem should the consultant first analyze
A. CPU, because the database replication process requires a considerable amount of CPU time
B. Memory, because the buffer cache requires a large amount of memory to maintain the data in system memory
C. Disk, because it is important to configure a sufficient number of disks to match the CPU processing power
D. Network, because the data returned to the client from the server can be a large subset of the total database
3. A 2-way interleaved DDR configuration and a 4-way interleaved SDRAM configuration will produce which of the following?
A. They will have the same memory bandwidth.
B. 2-way will provide higher memory bandwidth than 4-way.
C. 4-way will provide higher memory bandwidth than 2-way.
D. 4-way will provide higher memory bandwidth but only on an x445.
4. A server has two PCI-X buses with four Active PCI-X slots. Slots 1 and 2 are on the first PCI-X bus (100MHz) and slots 3 and 4 are on
the second PCI-X bus (133MHz). The customer requires you to install adapter A and adapter B on day one. After the server has been
installed and configured, the server must be running 24 by 7 with no downtime. Three months later, adapter C needs to be hot added. All
the adapters are 64-bit and capable of speeds up to 133MHz. The customer's priority is to have no downtime, and performance is
Based on the information provided, into which slots should adapters A and B be installed in and later into which slot would adapter C be
A. Adapter A in slot 1, adapter B in slot 4 and hot-add adapter C in slot 3
B. Adapter A in slot 1, adapter B in slot 3 and hot-add adapter C in slot 2
C. Adapter A in slot 2, adapter B in slot 4 and hot-add adapter C in slot 3
D. Adapter A in slot 3, adapter B in slot 1 and hot-add adapter C in slot 4
5. While upgrading an existing x445 with a second SMP expansion module and four processors, a technician notices the SMP connector
cables are missing on the back, so the technician connects the cables. Upon powering up, the technician notices the upper SMP
expansion module is disabled. Which of the following is the most likely cause of the problem?
A. The system requires 220V power to enable the upper SMP expansion module.
B. The technician cabled the SMP expansions wrong.
C. The Xcel4 cache needs to be reset in the BIOS because of the addition of the second SMP expansion module.
D. If no hardware licenses keys have been purchased for the processors in the upper SMP expansion module, it will not be activated.
6. A customer with two x445 servers wants to have two NetXtreme Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet adapters installed in each server. What is
the minimally supported configuration that will allow maximum throughput?
A. Install the two cards in slots 5 and 6 in the x445.
B. Install the two cards in slots 3 and 5 in the x445 make sure slots 4 and 6 are not occupied.
C. Install an RXE-100 on each x445 and install one card in the x445 and one card in an RXE-100 on each system.
D. Connect an RXE-100 between the two x445s and install one card in each x445 and one card in each side of the RXE-100.
7. A customer has recently purchased some IBM x445 servers running Red Hat Enterprise AS 3 and wants to connect them to their
existing EMC Clarion SAN controller. Which of the following steps must be taken in order to validate the solution?
A. Download the latest drivers from EMC for Red Hat Advanced Server.
B. Ensure that the EMC storage server is configured properly and has the latest firmware levels.
C. Verify the equipment is on the ServerProven list and complete a Solution Assurance Review (SAR).
D. Ensure that the systems are connected to the EMC SAN controller.
8. A customer with an EMC Clariion CX700 storage installation is considering a new IBM TotalStorage DS4500 solution. Which of the
following is an advantage of the IBM DS4500 solution?
A. Host port speed of 2Gb/s
B. Three-year hardware warranty
C. Heterogeneous Operating System support
D. Storage Manager software comes standard with DS4000 controllers
9. A customer wants to implement a clustered database solution on their existing x445 servers. A minimum of four nodes must participate
in the cluster, and the customer wishes to use open standards. Which of the following best satisfies their requirements?
A. Novell NetWare Cluster Services
B. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Cluster Suite
C. Microsoft Windows 2003 Server with MSCS
D. Microsoft Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
10. A customer needs a new Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. They are running an application that requires substantial memory. They
would like a rack mountable system, which will support four Xeon processors with 2MB of L3 cache. Which of the following is the minimum
configuration to satisfy the customer's requirements?
A. x445 with four Xeon MP processors and 8GB of memory
B. x445 with four Xeon MP processors and 16GB of memory in a single SMP module
C. x445 with four Xeon DP processors and 16GB of memory in a single SMP module
D. x445 with two SMP modules each containing two Xeon DP processors and 8GB of memory
11. The statistics for a poorly performing x366 system are as follows:
Processor: 90% for 5 second increments
Memory page faults: 20/second average over 15 minutes
Disk: disk time 1%
Which of the following will provide the greatest performance improvement?
A. Add memory
B. Add a processor
C. Add a faster disk subsystem
D. Exchange the processor with a faster processor
12. A customer needs a 2-way Xeon system today but plans on expanding to a 4-way early next year. The customer is looking to limit the
initial costs as much as possible but may not be as budget constrained next year. Which of the following is the best solution to all the
A. An x445 with 2 Xeon DP processors. Plan on adding 2 more Xeon DP processors next year.
B. An x445 with 2 Xeon MP processors. Plan on adding 2 more Xeon MP processors next year.
C. An x366 with 2 Xeon MP processors. Plan on adding 2 more Xeon MP processors next year.
D. An x366 with 2 Xeon DP processors. Plan on adding 2 more Xeon DP processors next year.
13. An x445 can sustain up to two memory chip failures per memory bank, and in an 8-way with four memory banks, up to eight memory
chip failures can be sustained. Which combination of EXA features provides this functionality?
A. ECC with Chipkill
B. ECC with Memory Mirroring
C. Chipkill with Memory ProteXion
D. Memory ProteXion with Hot Spare Memory
14. A 4-way x445 server with 2GB of memory running Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 is performing poorly. Users are
complaining of slow response times when accessing their email. Which subsystem should be checked first as a potential bottleneck?
B. Memory subsystem
C. Storage subsystem
D. Network connectivity
15. A customer is installing a new xSeries server into a Token-Ring environment. Where would the customer find the latest supported
Token-Ring PCI adaptors for that server?
A. IBM ServerProven hardware website
B. IEEE Proven website
C. IBM PartnerWorld website
D. 3Com Support website
16. A customer is considering replacement of twenty older 4U and 6U rack-based servers with one IBM x366 Server running VMWare ESX
attached to one DS4300. Which of the following represents a reduction in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the customer?
A. Reduction in operating system software licensing and application costs
B. Reduction in floor space and hardware cost saving
C. VMWare is licensed per system so no extra charge for SMP support
D. No single point of failure, reducing downtime
17. A customer wants to purchase a Windows 2003 DataCenter Edition system to run an application. The application benefits the most by
caching a vast amount of data in RAM so the user does not have to wait for disk I/O while editing. Processing is second in importance. If
cost is not an issue, what machine will have the best performance?
A. Use an x360 running 4 MP processors with 16GB of RAM
B. Use an x360 running 4 DP processors with 16GB of RAM
C. Use an x445 running 2 DP processors with 64GB of RAM
D. Use an x445 running 4 DP processors with 64GB of RAM
18. Which of the following x366 8GB memory configurations will produce the best performance?
A. One memory card with four 2GB DIMMs
B. Two memory cards with four 2GB DIMMs
C. Two memory cards with eight 1GB DIMMs
D. Four memory cards with eight 1GB DIMMs
19. Which of the following features of Active Memory perform a regular check and cleanup of the status of DIMMs?
A. Chipkill and Memory ProteXion
B. Chipkill and memory mirroring
C. Memory ProteXion and memory scrubbing
D. Hot spare memory and memory scrubbing
20. While explaining to a customer the fault tolerant benefits of x445 they ask what happens if they implement memory mirroring and a
DIMM fails in the SMP expansion module. Which of the following is the most appropriate response?
A. The DIMM is taken off line, and fault tolerance is available on the other DIMMs only.
B. The memory bank is taken offline and rebuilt with the online hot spare and then brought back on line.
C. The memory bank containing the failed DIMM is taken off line, and the system is no longer fault tolerant until replaced.
D. The DIMM is taken offline, and the online hot spare is initiated and the system remains fault tolerant.
More 000-077 Braindumps Information
Related 000-077 Exams
Other IBM Exams