An Open Submission Show
Exhibition: Saturday 24 July – Tuesday 14 September 2010. Daily 24-hours.
Vitrine Gallery open a summer exhibition of work by artists living or working in Bankside,
Borough, Bermondsey, Deptford, Camberwell and the Elephant and Castle and artists connected
with Vitrine Gallery. The gallery will be filled with works, hung closely together and not exceeding
1 meter in size, by artists who submitted pieces for a ‘call for work’ in May/June 2010.
With no priority on medium, style or theme, the exhibition contains drawings, painting, sculpture,
glass, collage and more. Portraits are hung next to landscapes and abstract paintings next to
photographs of cityscapes, all by artists with different practices, backgrounds and experience.
“The exhibition is a chance to have some fun and work with over 40 artists in one show.”
Works from left to right:
1. Agnes Eve Untitled 152x122cm oil on canvas 2009 £1050. www.agneseve.com
2. Anthony Carr E4 A Barbican 31x41cm black and white photograph with red maker £150.
3. Jayne Dunsmuir The Waiter, The Boss, The Chef and The Barman 51x41cm c print (Edition
of 10) 2010. POA.
4. Andrea Artz Madras 24/7 53x47cm ink and charcoal on board. 2010 £500.
5. Ian Rawlinson Wall of Paradise III 76x56cm (frame size 90 x 70cm) acrylic on paper 2008.
6. Anne Birtchnell Always somewhere behind me the Black Witch 48x35cm £250.
7. Tamsin Relly Storm in a Snowglobe 35.5x43cm oil on board 2010 £700. www.tamsinrelly.com
8. Nicola Wood The Anchor’s Arrow 21x29cm mixed media 2010 £250.
9. J M Richards If you know what it is? found postcard 2010 £75.
10. Samuel Capps Strain 8421 30x40cm coloured pencil and watercolour on paper. NFS.
11. Suzie Zabrowska Untitled 42x29cm collage 2010. POA.
12. Emily Jackson Judith 1x1m oil on linen 2010 £1200. www.emilyjanejackson.com
13. Mia Fernandes Cracked Bucket 50x46x48cm ceramic and wooden base 2010 £3410.
14. Guocheng Chen The Green Reflection 80x65cm acrylic and oil on canvas 2010 £1600.
15. Peter Roseman Redeye for Robert Smithson 76x76 cm 2009 NFS. www.proseman.com
16. Louise Barrington Untitled 85x70 cm oil on canvas 2010 £600.
17. Priya Chohan Untitled 60x60cm chalk in ice on chalk gesso on board 2010 £800.
18. Stella Sestelo Arquitectonic Bodies prints 2010 POA.
19. Julie Bennett Suzy 45.5x45.5cm oil on canvas (household gloss) 2009
20. Laura Cherry Charioteer 20x20cm found book pages 2010 NFS.
21. Jake Cook Scab 55x20cm submarine paint on etching blanket 2008 £500.
22. Tom Van Herrewege Solution to Ophidiophobia 30x20x20 cm snake, pins, acrylic 2009
23. Hrvoje Majer We Have Eaten the Apple, Now What? 120x100cm oil on canvas 2010 £2200.
24. Alys Williams Untitled 21x23 print (edition of 10) 2009 www.alyswilliams.com £250.
25. Anna Hillman Something Nic Found in the Fridge Yesterday 18.5 x 23 cm print (not
editioned) £125. www.annahillman.com
26. Ambroise Pouillart Direct From the Under Ground of Earth 30x30cm acrylic on canvas
2010 www.wix.com/ambbook/ambbook £200.
27. Liselotte Boegh Untitled 70.5x70.5cm pencil on paper 2007 £500.
28. Nikolas Arvanitis Awa 56x76 cm ink on paper 2010 £700.
29. Linda Persson Untitled 17x25cm pencil on paper 2010 £350. www.lindapersson.org
30. Janko Matic If no taste then make it shine 20x22x30cm mixed media 2010
31. Maya Ramsay At Peace 52x32x0.5cm pigment lifted from the studio floor 2010
32. Peter Kyte Thames Tidemark 1 76x50cm print 2009 POA.
33. Veronika Rettich I´m alright, thanks. 50x10x1.5cm hole in wall, hairpin, fishing wire, pencil
34. Alejandro Pintado Cromatic Intervention 100x70cm charcoal and photoluminiscent acrylic
on linen 2010 www.alejandropintado.com £3000
35. Natasha Rees Lips, Business and Other (3 works in series of 17) dimensions variable, inkjet
print and white pencil on coloured cartridge £160 each. www.natasharees.com
36. Peiyuan Jiang Seated Woman 40x30cm (with frame) pencil on paper 2010 £800.
37. Stephen Williams Wave Line 2 from Dark Waters Collection 48x33cm print (edition of 25)
2009 £350. www.stephenwilliams-studios.co.uk
38. Christina Mitrentse Beethoven versus Mozart versus Schubert 40x55cm music scores 2010
39. Alexa Reid Mudlark Series: Mermaid's Necklace 51x23cm mixed media 2007 POA.
40. Jack Brindley Survival 60x60cm acrylic spray paint on board 2010 www.jackbrindley.co.uk
41. Cathryn Shilling Synergy Series I 45x45x10cm glass 2009 www.cathrynshilling.co.uk £800.
42. Camila Trajber Untitled print (edition of 10) 2009 £150.
43. Mark Worrall Pulse 70x70cm acrylic on canvas £4000.
44. Asia Nowicki Gascon 90x20x20cm lycra, wadding, plasticine, peppercorns, plywood, paint
POA Price on Application NFS Not for Sale.
For further information, sales enquiries, to organise an appointment or for anything regarding the
gallery and the SUMMER EXHIBITION se1 please contact Alys or Rennard on
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 07988239300 or
VITRINE GALLERY Bermondsey Square, London Bridge, London SE1 3UN. www.vitrinegallery.co.uk