You need to know 10 important facts
about mobile phones
Since the 90s when mobile started becoming commonplace a lot has changed and now the are in
excess of 5 billion handsets worldwide. Mobile marketers are keen on exploiting the full
potential of this technology. But not all are even close to tapping this marketing goldmine. Here
are some uses that may be unknown to you.
1. Special promotions.Mobile phones can be used to communicate with customers about special
promotions, contests or give directions. This can be done through voice or text. SMS is
preferable because unlike voice you simply write the text and click the button 'send to all'.
2. Emergency Notification. Business, government and aid agencies can all effectively use SMS
to alert individuals of emergency measures, dangers or last minute event location changes. SMS
can also be used to call for emergency meetings on short notice. You can send a text message at
8pm in the evening calling for an emergency meeting at 8am the following day and get a good
3. News/updates.Critical time sensitive updates are best done with text messages sent directly to
users. You may have seen this with news, TV and radios. Their popularity stems from the fact
that people want to be ahead- first to know.
4. Events.When combined with short code numbers and a customer relationship and
management, mobile phones can be used to coordinate events very well. Text messages can be
automatically sent out for predetermined events, like weekly meetings, parking instructions. Or
school closing time. Send an alert reminding parents to pick their children.
5. Employee management. Mobile phones can be used to dispatch employees to their next
workstations. They can be provided with location maps, customer details and specific scope of
works. For routine jobs this can be a good way of swooping employees without causing
confusion. It also makes new employees catch up faster with company processes.
6. Customer Service. A bank can allow its customers to check account balances using phones. A
retail store can use the same technology to let customers know of the ongoing sale. A doctor can
send text messages reminding clients of the upcoming appointments. The same technology can
be used to track prices, stock movement, and airline departures and arrivals status. The
possibilities are numerous. It all depends on creativity and the industry one operates in.
7. Customer Payments.Countries like Japan and Kenya have a very developed mobile payment
system. You can make payments with your phone. You can deposit and withdrew money from
your bank account, which protects credit card information, and reduces risk.
8. Fundraising. Whenever there are emergencies and funds are required, a country with a good
mobile payment system, can raise millions within hours. It just requires an appeal and a number
that will receive the funds.
9. Lead Generation. Mobile marketing is a very good way of qualifying prospects. Simply offer
something of value in exchange for potential customers' details. The people taking or asking for
what you are offering are hot leads.
10. Watch TV/ listen to radio. Mobile handsets can also be used to listen to radio or TV
viewing. And a lot can happen in these sessions, like listeners being exposed to ads or getting
short code numbers of an organization.
This list is not exhaustive. You realize that traditions and practices from country to country and
region-to-region differ. So, what one requires is to study the market well and see how best you
can use mobile marketing to generate income.
Mary Wilhite is a Mobile Marketing Specialist, also known as the Mobile Marketing Queen.
Teaching small businesses, entrepreneurs, and internet marketers how to attract better customers
with mobile marketing devices. Get more of her mobile marketing tips, tricks, and strategies
mobiles for sales : Ck this site out
<a href="http://mobiles.sulekha.com/">Mobile Phones</a> <br/>
<a href="http://mobiles.sulekha.com/apple_iphone-4_mobile.htm">Apple iPhone 4</a>
<a href="http://mobiles.sulekha.com/nokia_c2_mobile.htm">Nokia C2</a>
<a href="http://mobiles.sulekha.com/sony-ericsson_mix-walkman_mobile.htm">Sony Ericsson Mix
<a href="http://mobiles.sulekha.com/samsung_galaxy-gio_mobile.htm">Samsung Galaxy Gio</a>